Friday, April 14, 2017

Dissonance Blog Week 13

The time left to work on the game is almost over. With the senior show in 2 weeks, we have a lot of work to finish.This week I was working on making everything make sound when they collide with other objects. This is to give the game a more realistic feel when two things collide.

I also was looking into two levels that were crashing on loading. In these levels the execution lines were just messed up. The game was crashing because an array was out of bounce. After fixing these issues I thought the game would be more stable. It is more stable when I tested it without the Vive and never crashed on those levels. But when the game is at QA, it seems to break most often when a tester touches the piano or radio. We have always tried to fix this issue but nothing worked yet.

Some fixes that I will try, when I get a hold of the Vive, are instead of putting the puzzle API in the base level. Since we are using level streaming and the levels are swapped in and out. I will try to put the puzzle API in each level. This way if it isn't found the game won't crash because no puzzles will be inited. The next thing that I want to check is to see if on the puzzle API blueprint the lifespan has been changed from infinity. If these two things don't fix the crashing issue. Then the crash has to do with the actual piano or radio object.